Sunday, October 7, 2007

Reading Reaction Journal #4

Reference

Applebome, Peter (2007, September 30). Human Behavior, Global Warming, and the Ubiquitous Plastic Bag. The New York Times. Retrieved Octobor 1, 2007, from http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/nyregion/30towns.html?ref=science&pagewanted=print

Summary

This article explains one shopper's story about when she moved from Germany, and she couldn't use the reuseable bag she bought. So this article argues about the United States using a number of plastic bags a year as well as believing it produce oil almost forever. Totally, this article shows that plastic bags make envioronmental problems now such as global warming.

Reaction

I feel this way too. When I came to Carbondale, I thought that the United States just used energy freely. That is because I've seen until now many cases of destroying the environment. For example, I live in apartment with three American roommates. My apartment include all utilities. So my roommate just set the air -conditioner at 65F every day, even though they keep the window open. And most United States big markets are using the plastic bags. I think that the United States doesn't have a problem. Maybe they don't care about that, because they have a lot of resource and a wide green area, but their energy using may affect the environment. So I think that it would make global warming.

No comments: